Managing School TreesDecember 8, 2017
Dodgy tree loppers are scamming elderly homeowners and hacking up healthy trees. Here’s what you need to knowAugust 12, 2021
Councils have criteria for assessing trees. Possible valid reasons for removal include:
- Tree is dead, dying or diseased.
- Tree is an exempt species (list of these species are usually found on your councils website).
- Tree presents a danger to people or property.
- Tree has been planted in an inappropriate location.
- Ultimate size of the tree is inappropriate for its location.
- Tree is causing health issues.
- Non-native trees are not automatically exempt from the application.
- Most councils refer to the tree removal form as a “DA”.
- Ensure all people listed on the title of the property sign the DA.
- Ensure you tell the council if there is any reason prohibiting property access (dogs, locked gates, etc) as council generally don’t make appointments.